Windows error code 0xc00185 and 0xc000000d after trying to update Windows 10.

NateBeast

Honorable
Jul 3, 2015
Hi. I updated Windows 10, and I got the error 0xc00185. I tried to repair Windows with the disk, but the PC crashed and gave me the error 0xc000000d. Now the PC doesn't recognize the Windows disc and it won't boot.

Solution
Do you see the bios flash screen before the black screen with cursor? try holding Delete key in before you turn PC on and keep pressing it in until you either get into bios or just hit blank screen again. Another key that should work is F2 - you should plug mouse and keyboard into the black USB slots on back of case as it may not be seeing the keyboard at boot

might have to d/c the hdd and then try

another way into bios is reset the cmos battery on board, this usually loads bios just so you can set defaults.

Colif

Win 11 Master
which windows disc did you use to repair it?

Do you have a win 10 installer? If not, on another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

lets try start up repair

change boot order so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up repair - this will scan PC and maybe fix this - will ask for logon info

another choice is follow this, it uses same blue menu as the above fix does: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/repair-master-boot-record-mbr-windows Stop once it starts talking about the repair disc

NateBeast

Honorable
Jul 3, 2015
- AMD A6 7400K 3.5 to 3.9 GHz 2-core CPU (APU)
- 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Memory
- CPU Air Cooling
- 1TB 7200 RPM HDD
- ASRock FM2A68M Motherboard
- Enermax Clipeus Case
- 400W EVGA Power Supply
- LG DVD/CD Reader/Writer
- ASUS 802.11b/g/n PCIe Wireless Adapter

Colif

Win 11 Master
is motherboard HD+ or DG3+ (they part of serial code, two different boards)

did you change boot order so disc first, hdd second? might need to turn off secure boot for it to work. It seems odd an installer would just stop working. Perhaps try the USB after all.

Colif

Win 11 Master
You can use this to copy any files off PC you want to save: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/use-ubuntu-live-cd-to-backup-files-from-your-dead-windows-computer/ or you could put hdd into another PC as 2nd drive and copy files over that way.

NateBeast

Honorable
Jul 3, 2015
So I cannot try the steps, because I cannot get to BIOS. My PC was updating then it went into a bootloop. When I tried to repair with the disk, it shut off and I can't get to BIOS. Now when I try it I get a frozen screen with a cursor on it. I get the same issue with the USB. Thanks.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Do you see the bios flash screen before the black screen with cursor? try holding Delete key in before you turn PC on and keep pressing it in until you either get into bios or just hit blank screen again. Another key that should work is F2 - you should plug mouse and keyboard into the black USB slots on back of case as it may not be seeing the keyboard at boot

might have to d/c the hdd and then try

another way into bios is reset the cmos battery on board, this usually loads bios just so you can set defaults.

Solution