mark

Hi i already made a post here about a lsass.exe error i keep getting so when
i attempted to boot into safe mode last night it wouldnt do so because i got
the following error message.

(Windows root) \system32\hal.dll. is missing or corrupt then asking about
repairing the file or something any suggestions?

mark

I should of pointed out to i cant even get as far as logging onto windows now
so the guides to removing the sasser worm i cant do right now unless theres a
way i can get it onto a cd then boot it up

"Mark" wrote:

> Hi i already made a post here about a lsass.exe error i keep getting so when
> i attempted to boot into safe mode last night it wouldnt do so because i got
> the following error message.
>
> (Windows root) \system32\hal.dll. is missing or corrupt then asking about
> repairing the file or something any suggestions?

Hi

Please try the following link to Kelly's web page:

"HAL - Hardware Abstraction Layer"
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_h.htm

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi i already made a post here about a lsass.exe error i keep getting so
> when
> i attempted to boot into safe mode last night it wouldnt do so because i
> got
> the following error message.
>
> (Windows root) \system32\hal.dll. is missing or corrupt then asking about
> repairing the file or something any suggestions?

mark

Hi thank you will looks like that could be helpfull except when it does ask
for a admin password thoe i didnt create one i tryed just pressing enter but
it didnt work i know for sure i havent created one thoe

"Will Denny" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Please try the following link to Kelly's web page:
>
> "HAL - Hardware Abstraction Layer"
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_h.htm
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi i already made a post here about a lsass.exe error i keep getting so
> > when
> > i attempted to boot into safe mode last night it wouldnt do so because i
> > got
> > the following error message.
> >
> > (Windows root) \system32\hal.dll. is missing or corrupt then asking about
> > repairing the file or something any suggestions?

mark

Hi thank you will looks like that could be helpfull except when i do get to
the command prompt section and it asks for a administrator password i know i
didnt create one so i tryed just pressing enter and it says password is not
valid anyway i can get around this???

"Will Denny" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Please try the following link to Kelly's web page:
>
> "HAL - Hardware Abstraction Layer"
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_h.htm
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi i already made a post here about a lsass.exe error i keep getting so
> > when
> > i attempted to boot into safe mode last night it wouldnt do so because i
> > got
> > the following error message.
> >
> > (Windows root) \system32\hal.dll. is missing or corrupt then asking about
> > repairing the file or something any suggestions?

Hi

If you are running XP Pro, it is the Aminstrator's password you need to
enter. Do you get an option to 'Repair' XP with the Restore CD? If so, try
that.

--

> Hi thank you will looks like that could be helpfull except when it does
> ask
> for a admin password thoe i didnt create one i tryed just pressing enter
> but
> it didnt work i know for sure i havent created one thoe
>
> "Will Denny" wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Please try the following link to Kelly's web page:
>>
>> "HAL - Hardware Abstraction Layer"
>> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_h.htm
>>
>> --
>>
>> Will Denny
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>

>> "Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi i already made a post here about a lsass.exe error i keep getting so
>> > when
>> > i attempted to boot into safe mode last night it wouldnt do so because
>> > got
>> > the following error message.
>> >
>> > (Windows root) \system32\hal.dll. is missing or corrupt then asking
>> > about
>> > repairing the file or something any suggestions?

mark

The restore cd only has the options to restore to factory settings but the
problem occured after i restored everything the other option is to repair
boot sectors which i tryed again with no sucsess