Windows explorer does not recognize gh24ls50 windows 7

M2DVDGuy

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2011
LG DVD drive GH24LS50 will not show in Windows Explorer unless Driver signature Enforcement is disabled via F8 at boot time.
Windows 7 site says this drive requires no further action.
I am using the latest (Yp02) firmware I can find for this drive.
What's up?

Solution
This fix works in windows Vista, not sure about Windows 7:
Click the "start" button, type "CMD" but do not hit enter. CMD should pop up in the programs list, right click "CMD" , then "run as admin". At the prompt, type the following: "bcdedit -set loadoptions \”DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS” and press enter. Notice there are 2 D's for disable, this is intentional. Now reboot the PC and see if the error continues.

If that does not work, there is a Driver signature Enforcement override program. I have personally never used it. Maybe someone on the site can shed some light on the program. The site has a detailed step by step, as well.

http://www.ngohq.com/home.php?page=dseo

Not quite sure why an LG driver would not be signed. They have...

Alaskan_IT

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2011
This fix works in windows Vista, not sure about Windows 7:
Click the "start" button, type "CMD" but do not hit enter. CMD should pop up in the programs list, right click "CMD" , then "run as admin". At the prompt, type the following: "bcdedit -set loadoptions \”DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS” and press enter. Notice there are 2 D's for disable, this is intentional. Now reboot the PC and see if the error continues.

If that does not work, there is a Driver signature Enforcement override program. I have personally never used it. Maybe someone on the site can shed some light on the program. The site has a detailed step by step, as well.

http://www.ngohq.com/home.php?page=dseo

Not quite sure why an LG driver would not be signed. They have the $$$ to pay for certificates.

**Turning of Driver signature enforcement is a security risk. **

Solution

M2DVDGuy

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2011

I tried the "ddisable...." series of steps adn it did not solve the issue.
I used DSEO from NGOHQ, and followed their steps,
entered the two drivers listed for my CDROM in the device manager.
and can now reboot without using F8 to disable the signature and I can now recognize my DVD drive.

Thanks for the tip, DSEO works!