Question Windows Explorer problem

i76700hquser

Reputable
Jul 3, 2019
So, since i prefer Windows 7, i installed it on my laptop, when i installed, it was all ok, but, then, the windows explorer takes time to be usable and if i try to click, it just shows the wait cursor, if i try to open programs from desktop, they don't open, the windows explorer and the programs only open after 1 minute of waiting, how do i fix? I can't format because i have too much files and i don't have space to do backups or external HDDs.

Thanks.

Lutfij

Titan
Your issue might be a mixture of a corrupt installer and a failing/deteriorating HDD or either of them. Mind sharing where you sourced the installer for the OS? What is the make and model of your laptop and are you on the latest BIOS update for your laptop's motherboard?

i76700hquser

Reputable
Jul 3, 2019
Your issue might be a mixture of a corrupt installer and a failing/deteriorating HDD or either of them. Mind sharing where you sourced the installer for the OS? What is the make and model of your laptop and are you on the latest BIOS update for your laptop's motherboard?
Maybe corrupt because it's a SSD, the model is a Lenovo Ideapad 700-15ISK, yes i have the latest BIOS for my laptop.

Rolphcaleb

Commendable
Jun 11, 2019
My suggestion is go on any other computer (library computers will work if you don’t have any others) then download chrome on a usb stick and launch it on your pc. Hope this helps. P. S. If you like internet explorer more then you can download it again from chrome and see if that does anything.

Latest posts