Windows Explorer sluggish when changing directories

When I open windows explorer and change directories, the new directory
contents usually take 2-4 seconds to display; both local and network
drives. We have 2 other computers that are exactly the same and they
don't do this. Anyone know what I changed?

Thanks.

Gene

System slow downs can be caused by spyware. Check here for info on spyware
and free downloads that might help ferret it out
http://aumha.org/win5/a/parasite.htm

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

"Gene Chang" <gchang_nospam_@stonestreetone.com> wrote in message
> When I open windows explorer and change directories, the new directory
> contents usually take 2-4 seconds to display; both local and network
> drives. We have 2 other computers that are exactly the same and they
> don't do this. Anyone know what I changed?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Gene

TRENDING THREADS