Mar 19, 2021
Hey everybody, this is my first post here so idk if its in the right place

My pc just died out of nowhere
Windows would boot up too fast, like it wasnt loading certain parts of it, startup programs wouldnt load, didnt let me use programs and after like 5 mins it would show that i have no storage like when i opened the 'my computer' there was literally nothing.
I tried out the rams separately but it doesnt seem like thats the problem.
I have an ssd for windows and an hdd.
I tried to reinstall windows on the ssd but it bluescreens on the installation page.
I tried to install it on the hdd and it bluescreens after the setup.

I have no idea what to do halp :(

Solution
Do you happen to have an older installer of Win 10 as it could be a 20H2 bug stopping you installing

You could run hardware tests on PC while in linux - https://linuxhint.com/useful_linux_stress_test_benchmark_cpu_perf/
only testing CPU as it happens on 2 different drives, so it has to be something that is in PC during both operations.

fault in non paged area - the non paged area is an area of ram locked for drivers only, meaning PC tried to move a file out of here onto page file, but was stopped due to area being locked for that purpose

maybe take stick 1 (the one with the hammer warning) out and see if it makes any difference. Memtest isn't perfect, it can miss things. I have seen people whose ram reported as fine, but whose...

Colif

Win 11 Master
Its in a good enough spot :)

what are details of the PC?
did you make it or is it pre made?

is it windows 10?

if you get errors during install I would check ram

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.
Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it, just a working pc to make it

Mar 19, 2021

is it windows 10?

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.
Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it, just a working pc to make it

i7 4790k
Msi Z97-g43 mobo
4*4 hyperx fury ram
Evga Gtx 1080 ftw2
Samsung 850 evo ssd
Generic hdd

I had win 8.1 on it, tryna put win 10 now

is it windows 10?

i7 4790k
Msi Z97-g43 mobo
4*4 hyperx fury ddr3 ram
Evga Gtx 1080 ftw2
Samsung 850 evo ssd
Generic hdd

Ran memtest and it says theres no prob with the ram (stick 1 had the "ram may be vulnerable to high frequency row hammer bit flips" text to it, 0 errors tho)

Mar 19, 2021
i7 4790k
Msi Z97-g43 mobo
4*4 hyperx fury ram
Evga Gtx 1080 ftw2
Samsung 850 evo ssd
Generic hdd

i7 4790k
Msi Z97-g43 mobo
4*4 hyperx fury ddr3 ram
Evga Gtx 1080 ftw2
Samsung 850 evo ssd
Generic hdd

Ran memtest and it says theres no prob with the ram (stick 1 had the "ram may be vulnerable to high frequency row hammer bit flips" text to it, 0 errors tho)

Yeah and i built it myself a while ago

Colif

Win 11 Master
try running magician on the ssd and check its health in diagnostics - https://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/minisite/ssd/download/tools/

wonder who makes the generic hdd. Can you run Crystaldiskinfo on it and check its health? https://crystalmark.info/en/software/crystaldiskinfo/

what BSOD?
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

Open Windows File Explorer
Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

Mar 19, 2021
Well the bsod says fault in nonpaged area in both cases.
The hdd is a wd blue.
I cant install anything atm.
I guess i need to buy a new hard drive first

Mar 19, 2021
good point. Try running a Ubuntu live USB on PC and check the 2 drives out before assuming a new one will fix it.
So i booted ubuntu and it runs fine except that every time im tryna run anything it says "an error occured while loading the arxhive"
But in on itself shows that the problem is def related to the drives
Still dont get how they messed up at the same tims

Mar 19, 2021
So kind of update:
I formatted everything in the run live ubuntu, managed to install windows on the ssd, it even loaded i to the os but after ~10 seconds it crashed with the same bsod

Mar 19, 2021
Kind of update number two:
I can install ubuntu on the drives with no error or anything it runs smoothly no prob.
So i thought maybe the problem is with the flash drive, so i tried installing windows with another flash drive and i get the same bsod.

I have no idea whats wrong.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Do you happen to have an older installer of Win 10 as it could be a 20H2 bug stopping you installing

You could run hardware tests on PC while in linux - https://linuxhint.com/useful_linux_stress_test_benchmark_cpu_perf/
only testing CPU as it happens on 2 different drives, so it has to be something that is in PC during both operations.

fault in non paged area - the non paged area is an area of ram locked for drivers only, meaning PC tried to move a file out of here onto page file, but was stopped due to area being locked for that purpose

maybe take stick 1 (the one with the hammer warning) out and see if it makes any difference. Memtest isn't perfect, it can miss things. I have seen people whose ram reported as fine, but whose problem was still solved by replacing ram.

Solution