Question HDD failure after forcefull restrat. Windows failed to repair the HDD.

Mar 2, 2021
So, one day I had to forcefully restart the pc, and after that some issues started to occure. I have ssd with the windows on it and hdd for everything else. The problem is with the hdd. When I wanted to open a folder on D drive (hdd) I had an error "a device which does not exist was specified". When I tried to restart the pc, it would stuck on ASUS logo screen with the rotating circle thingy, so I had to forcefully restart (with the power button on pc itself), and then it would try to fix the D drive and boot successfully. Then it suggested a restart and it would just stuck on infinite "Restarting" loading screen. So again - a forcefull restart which I imagine might make things even worse.
Anyway when I tried to manually repair the disk when pc booted up I got an error "Windows failed to repair the drive" and it suggested a restart, but Im not eager to forcefully restart again and cause more damage to the hdd. The pc build with the exception of gpu and psu is new and not even a month old.
Any suggestions on what should I also try to do to fix the drive before restarting the pc? And also what are the ways to prevent the infinite boot or restarting screen? The folders open fine now but the steam client for example freezes on launch. And even the task manager. Also I had to restart the pc a day before because File Explorer service wouldnt restart.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2021
brand and model of the psu?
[/QUOTE]

antec truepower trio 550w (TP3-550)

Also whould just reinstalling windows help in this case? I mean, the hhd still works, just some files missing and apps on it dont work like they should, and explorer freezes from time to time but only on that drive, so maybe just some files got corrupted.

Last edited: