Windows failed to start a recent hardware or software change might be the cause

Leshaun

Honorable
Dec 6, 2013
Just installed a new motherboard the asus m5a99fx and I hooked everything up and this message pops up. "Windows failed to start a recent hardware or software could be the cause " can someone help me? At first the ram I had wasn't compatible so I brought some conpataible ram that the motherboard book told me to buy . Help me please I don't know what could be the cause of this it seems like we have everything hooked up right because all the fans are working and stuff

Solution

That is still attempting to boot from the HDD. Not the install disk.

Leshaun

Honorable
Dec 6, 2013
I'm trying to install the os now but when I install it and stuff and when it restarts my pc this message pops up " A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged , or that might be malicious software from an unknown source" then it gives me some more words then at the bottom it say file : /windows/system32/win load.efi

Info: the digital signature for this file couldn't be verified .

How do I fix that?

Leshaun

Honorable
Dec 6, 2013
Okay I chained it to my optical drive where the cd is. But it's saying windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause to fix the problem. Then it tells me to insert the windows disk and restart pc which I did then it say change language settings and then click next then repair your computer. Then at the bottom I get this error code " status 0xc0000225 " then at the very bottom it say " info: a required device isn't connected or can't be accessed. Ate they talking about my optical drive that isn't connected because it's working and stuff like it comes out and stuff.

Leshaun

Honorable
Dec 6, 2013

For some reason mines had to optical drives one said UFFEI and the other just said hp. I just tried booting from both untill one of the ones worked.

TRENDING THREADS