Question Windows failing to load properly

jkleuver

Reputable
Nov 11, 2015
I recently added 2 new HDDs to my pc but since then I've occasionally gotten an error when turning on my PC stating that Widows wasn't able to load properly, I don't know too much about PCs but could one of the two HDDs be corrupting my SSD which has my Windows installed on it? What should I do?

edit, error is: Log File: E:/windows/system32/logfiles/srt/srtTrail.txt

Last edited:
Sometimes Windows will try and boot off the wrong drive, it doesn't damage you system drive, it's just annoying. The best way to stop it is to place your ssd in the #1 boot position, and then change it if you need to boot of a USB or CD/DVD in the future. Usually windows makes this mistake when it can not find a bootable drive in the #1 boot position, so it starts searching for a bootable drive and will sometimes and choose poorly.

jkleuver

Reputable
Nov 11, 2015
Sometimes Windows will try and boot off the wrong drive, it doesn't damage you system drive, it's just annoying. The best way to stop it is to place your ssd in the #1 boot position, and then change it if you need to boot of a USB or CD/DVD in the future. Usually windows makes this mistake when it can not find a bootable drive in the #1 boot position, so it starts searching for a bootable drive and will sometimes and choose poorly.

So there's no real fix, its just sometimes my pc wont boot up as it should? It won't get worse over time?