Windows firewall turns on by itself

Win XP Pro SP2
Connected to a DSL router (BEFSX41)
Trend Mirco Internet Security 2005

Several time now while trying to set up a connection
between two computers I found the Windows firewall
enbabled even though I had disabled it. The first time I
just thought I forgot to click OK but it's done it at least
3 more time since and I know I clicked OK to save the
change. How do I keep the goofy thing from turning itsel
on?

gls858

roy

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2003

I have the same prob with this firewall. It constantly turns itself on and
stops bittorrent and hubs from working until I disable it. Im afraid the
only solution Ive come up with is to constantly monitor it and disable it

"Roy" wrote:

> I have the same prob with this firewall. It constantly turns itself on and
> stops bittorrent and hubs from working until I disable it. Im afraid the
> only solution Ive come up with is to constantly monitor it and disable it
> "gls858" <gls858@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Win XP Pro SP2
> > Connected to a DSL router (BEFSX41)
> > Trend Mirco Internet Security 2005
> >
> > Several time now while trying to set up a connection
> > between two computers I found the Windows firewall
> > enbabled even though I had disabled it. The first time I
> > just thought I forgot to click OK but it's done it at least
> > 3 more time since and I know I clicked OK to save the
> > change. How do I keep the goofy thing from turning itsel
> > on?
> >
> > gls858

Use the Windows Firewall. Set up the Exceptions and let the program do it's
job.

Nice idea but I'm already running a firewall included in Trend Micro's
package. It has many more features and a great deal more granularity.
Windows firewall is very basic and doesn't monitor outgoing traffic at all.
IOW it's a Mickey Mouse program barely able to be called a firewall.

gls858