Windows forgot my data drive now what?

pdraggy

Honorable
Mar 15, 2016
Win 10, Asus AM4 mobo (not sure which... pretty sure it's x450) I just updated my brother's Gigabyte GF1070 with stock Nvidia drivers and when he reset the next day the SATA SSD disappeared! I found it in the BIOS and in disk manager it has become unallocated space. Any idea what may have happened and if the data on it might be saved? I'm unsure if the driver update did it, but one heluva coincadence if not. I'm leary about messing with the system in any way nowadays lol oh for the good ole Win95 days :/.

Last edited:

pdraggy

Honorable
Mar 15, 2016
He says he "reset" it?

What does he mean by "reset"?

he reset the computer, that's really all I know, if it was a hard reset, soft reset, shutdown I don't know....

ANYWAY good news! it magically fixed itself xD actually what he wanted me to do was take the hd out so he can get somebody to look at it and what not so I poped it open and there was 2 other hds hiding in there! well I unplugged one random one and turned on the pc just to see if something changed and it all came back! Reminds me of a master/ slave issue from back in the ide days... guess it's never a good idea to keep old hardware plugged in.

I'll go threw more and figure out what works and so on, but my bro wants to backup his data drive first lol I think I gave baby bro his first heart attack <3