Windows freeze at installation and restart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorin_Sky

Commendable
Apr 24, 2016
Hello, a friend of mine just bought a new pc yesterday and he can't put Windows 10 or any other Windows on it. Every time the pc just freeze at the getting files ready for installation part. He tried to reset the bios settings, to install from a dvd and a stick but nothing. When his pc arrived he had Ubuntu preinstalled. Only one time he managed to put Windows 10 but he had only the partition C with 150GB and D with 850GB disappeared and he couldn't acces the internet, the microsoft edge was broke.

Thineswar

Reputable
Apr 6, 2015
One at a time.
Now, you bought a pre-built system with Ubuntu on it, and when you tried to install windows, you failed.
Exactly what happened during the windows installation?
What program did you use to mount the .iso file?
Where did you get the .iso file from?

Sorin_Sky

Commendable
Apr 24, 2016
The iso was from a private torrent site because no money, and i used ImgBurn. But i tried with like 2 sticks and 4 DVD and 0 progress. I think it's a problem with hdd or ram. Do you know any command in cmd to check for ram memory errors?

Thineswar

Reputable
Apr 6, 2015
I'm not sure of anything in cmd, but you could try memtest.
However, it almost never the ram issue.
I think the .iso file that you got was bad. Also, just as a reminder, Tom's does not allow for piracy. Please get your own copy of windows, or for the time being, continue using Ubuntu.

Status
Not open for further replies.