Question Windows freezes after new mobo+CPU installation

Dec 2, 2021
Hi,

I have sadly run into Windows freezing after login.

It started with me getting a MSI Pro Z690-P DDR4 and an Intel i5 12600K for my PC. I installed everything still running my old OS install, and everything was smooth for 3 hours, when suddenly everything froze, and at every reboot, windows froze 10-20 seconds after login. I then saw suggestions it could be helped by a clean install.
I have now spent all day finding a place to make a Windows bootable usb, and then installing Windows again, having it run smoothly for 3 hours again, and somehow now (again) it does the exact same thing on the clean Windows install.

I'm gonna look into updating BIOS to most recent just now, but I would love to hear if this was indicating of something specific. It's so frustrating not being able to use my new expensive stuff.

Fun fact: Mouse and keyboard are connected to same USB hub, mouse disconnects completely, while keyboard stays on, suggesting that some USB power is dropping as well? Maybe not? I'm completely clueless with this, but regardless everything is frozen.