[SOLVED] Windows freezes at circle and can’t fix in troubleshoot due to defultuser0 login

Oct 26, 2020
I need serious help! So I just built a pc, like any other pc I build I have win10 on usb stick and I go to do a install of Windows on the pc.. except this time it keeps freezing after the install when it does the Windows circles... I have looked up how to fix this BUT when I go into the troubleshooting I am hit with defultuser0 needs a password to work ANYTHING in the windows troubleshooting! I have tried clearing the m.2 multiple times and doing clean installs and it just keeps happening! I do not know what to do!

Last edited:
Solution
Perhaps its the motherboard slot damaging the m.2 with too much power or something?
were you on the latest bios(non beta)? did you try both m.2 slots? it could be the 2nd m.2 might not work without the beta bios - link

did both pc have 4 sticks of ram? it shouldn't matter but sometimes having all 4 slots populated can cause problems in installs.

its odd it lets you copy onto it but it won't boot from it.

here are some ideas from intel - https://www.intel.com.au/content/www/au/en/support/articles/000005872/memory-and-storage.html

possibly bad ISO, you can download iso direct from MS and not use the media creation tool, one person I was helping had to do that to get win 10 onto their PC today

Ralston18

Titan
Backing up a step or two:

"when I go into the troubleshooting ...."

What troubleshooting function and how are you getting there?

Can you be more specific about what, when, where,etc. in the boot process does that password error present?

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and full OS information.

Oct 26, 2020
Backing up a step or two:

"when I go into the troubleshooting ...."

What troubleshooting function and how are you getting there?

Can you be more specific about what, when, where,etc. in the boot process does that password error present?

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and full OS information.
it freezes right after I pick the storage and do the install and it reset, right before setting up windows username and ect, i am getting into the troubleshooting by holding down the power button, resetting, holding down power button again as it loads. Its "repairpc" there is multiple options in this trubleshooting like "reset pc" "pick new windows point" "safe mode" "command prompt" but i can not do any of this because when i click on one of these options it tells me that i need the password for "defualtuser0" this is a completely new install of windows so there should be no user's period!

specs are: MSi b550 gaming edge wifi
ryzen 3800xt
aorus 5700xt
2x8 3200 corsair ram
660p intel m.2
750 thermaltake psu

Colif

Win 11 Master
freezing after installl... are you sure its finished? do you get to set up users?

it seems odd its trying to use defaultuser

Defaultuser0 is a system user profile used when Windows is setting up, before any user accounts have been created. It should and usually does disappear after first reboot after installation. If the profile folder remains in Users folder, it's safe to manually delete it.

https://www.tenforums.com/user-acco...did-account-defaultuser0-get-created-why.html

After upgrading to the Anniversary Update, many users have noticed that apart from their regular user accounts, the OS also creates a new Defaultuser0 account. The most interesting part is that this unusual profile cannot be deleted even after performing a clean install.

The Defaultuser0 account bug has been haunting Windows users for a long time. Nobody knows exactly why this account is being created or how users can prevent its creation. The commonly accepted hypothesis suggests the Defaultuser0 profile is created when something goes wrong during the profile creation phase of the main account, and it should be harmless.
https://superuser.com/questions/1152792/what-is-defaultuser0-and-is-it-safe-to-delete

answer from MS to reformat and start again, that is very circular

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2020
freezing after installl... are you sure its finished? do you get to set up users?

it seems odd its trying to use defaultuser

https://www.tenforums.com/user-acco...did-account-defaultuser0-get-created-why.html

https://superuser.com/questions/1152792/what-is-defaultuser0-and-is-it-safe-to-delete

answer from MS to reformat and start again, that is very circular
no i dont even get to the part of actually setting windows up, its in between "installing" and "setting up windowns" the windows loading circle will just freeze after the restart, and i have seen on other forums how to fix this but i cant get in the troubleshooting due to this defulyuser0, im stumped, i have built hundreds of computers and have never ran into this problem, ever

Oct 26, 2020
no i dont even get to the part of actually setting windows up, its in between "installing" and "setting up windowns" the windows loading circle will just freeze after the restart, and i have seen on other forums how to fix this but i cant get in the troubleshooting due to this defulyuser0, im stumped, i have built hundreds of computers and have never ran into this problem, ever
and in the bios all the hardware seems to be working fine.. like is it a bad ssd.. idk

Oct 26, 2020
it might be the ssd.

the stage after the 1st restart is when windows is running off the ssd. And its before the users are created so reason why you only have defaultuser still.

I would maybe try another ssd drive?
i have few HDD's here at the shop, ill try one and let you know in a second

Oct 26, 2020
faulty motherboard? Faulty sata cable? something else?

I haven't seen it before myself.

what are specs of the PC?
i dont think so because it wouldnt have gone into the OS with HDD plugged in, alsqo i took the m.2 out and tried it in another build i did and it happen with that build, there is no way i got two faulty m.2's, and i have erased and redownloaded the creation tool on multiple usb sticks so i cant see it being that either....
specs 3800xt
5700xt
msi b550 gaming edge wifi
1tb 660p intel m.2
4x8 32000 corsair ram
thermaltake 750 80 plud gold psu

Colif

Win 11 Master
Perhaps its the motherboard slot damaging the m.2 with too much power or something?
were you on the latest bios(non beta)? did you try both m.2 slots? it could be the 2nd m.2 might not work without the beta bios - link

did both pc have 4 sticks of ram? it shouldn't matter but sometimes having all 4 slots populated can cause problems in installs.

its odd it lets you copy onto it but it won't boot from it.

here are some ideas from intel - https://www.intel.com.au/content/www/au/en/support/articles/000005872/memory-and-storage.html

possibly bad ISO, you can download iso direct from MS and not use the media creation tool, one person I was helping had to do that to get win 10 onto their PC today

Last edited:
Solution