Question Windows freezes at startup and at the password screen

May 6, 2019
So, I have a problem with Windows/My PC. Back in 2017, Windows 7 started freezing sometimes when booting at the "starting windows" screen, restarting it fixed it. Then the password screen: sometimes staying on the password screen without typing anything and then when I try logging in it would just freeze on the "logging in" loading screen. Restarting the PC using the button on the case stops displaying anything most of the time, and I have to press the restart button again, but I think that's a problem with the hardware.

Lutfij

Titan
To ensure you're not incurring a hardware problem, we'll need to know the specs to your system. List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

You might want to mention the age of the build/parts since it looks to me that the HDD might be failing or the PSU's being nitpicky about who gets more or less power.

May 6, 2019
To ensure you're not incurring a hardware problem, we'll need to know the specs to your system. List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

You might want to mention the age of the build/parts since it looks to me that the HDD might be failing or the PSU's being nitpicky about who gets more or less power.
All of the parts are bought at the same time 5 years ago
CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5 GHZ with stock cooler
Motherboard: ASRock 990FX Extreme3
Ram: Adata 2x4 GB DDR3
SSD/HDD: some Seagate 1000GB HDD, don't know the exact model
GPU: Gigabyte Radeon R7 240 2 GB GDDR3 with an overclock
PSU: CoolerMaster RS-600-ACAB-M2
Chassis: by chassis i guess you mean pc case, it's some mid tower coolermaster one without RGB

May 6, 2019
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

hello?

May 6, 2019
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

i thought you were gonna help me 😔