Question Windows freezes for a few seconds, and shuts off.

Mar 1, 2020
Hey. So I’ve been plagued with a similar problem for the last few months. If you left the computer alone for a minute, instead of going to sleep it would just shut off. Eventually that became it would shut off randomly, and you would need to press the power button for a full minute for it to turn back on.

That problem has been occurring since the first day I got this laptop. I posted about it on the Windows forum, and got no good response but the laptop was working if I just didn’t let it sleep so I left it alone.

Last night, the computer began freezing, you couldn’t move the mouse, type, or toggle the caps lock. After a few seconds of that, it shuts down. This happens within a few minutes of initial boot up, and just when doing basic tasks like browsing the Internet.

The chipset and bios was completely reinstalled a few months ago, and the shutting off problem persisted. It shut off in safe mode as well. Should I completely reinstall Windows, or is this brand new computer toast?

Mar 1, 2020
CPU and GPU temperature?
System specs?
Which PSU?

Forgot this stuff.

Temperature when running idly, roughly the same on all cores: 46 C

Processor: Intel(R) Core i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz 1.99 GHz

This is a prebuilt laptop, so I assume it’s PSU would be the Dell CN-0g6j41-ch600 power adapter.