[SOLVED] Windows freezes on boot after overclock attempt help!

Oct 11, 2020
Hello! I recently installed new case fans in my computer and when I go to check my new gpu temps in the Adrenalin software I saw some sort of an auto overclock option and carelessly clicked it and started the process. Immediately when I initiated this my screen went black and the fans on my graphics card were spinning super loud. I assumed this is the process so I left the computer do it’s thing for about half an hour. When I came back the screen was still black so I shut it off using the power button on my case. When I turned it back on it froze at the windows boot screen with the blue windows logo and the spinning dots. This kept happening and obviously the most widely suggested fix is to boot it in safe mode. However, I can’t do this because it freezes or fades to black before the troubleshooting screen can even show up! I went into my bios to try to see if I could do anything to no avail. One time the computer didn’t freeze for long enough for me to boot into safe mode with network and it still just froze and gave me a black screen! My specs that I think are relevant to this issue are as follows:
RX 580 armor graphics card
BF-450 strix gaming mobo
Ryzen 5 2600 cpu

Solution
Hello! I recently installed new case fans in my computer and when I go to check my new gpu temps in the Adrenalin software I saw some sort of an auto overclock option and carelessly clicked it and started the process. Immediately when I initiated this my screen went black and the fans on my graphics card were spinning super loud. I assumed this is the process so I left the computer do it’s thing for about half an hour. When I came back the screen was still black so I shut it off using the power button on my case. When I turned it back on it froze at the windows boot screen with the blue windows logo and the spinning dots. This kept happening and obviously the most widely suggested fix is to boot it in safe mode. However, I can’t do...
Hello! I recently installed new case fans in my computer and when I go to check my new gpu temps in the Adrenalin software I saw some sort of an auto overclock option and carelessly clicked it and started the process. Immediately when I initiated this my screen went black and the fans on my graphics card were spinning super loud. I assumed this is the process so I left the computer do it’s thing for about half an hour. When I came back the screen was still black so I shut it off using the power button on my case. When I turned it back on it froze at the windows boot screen with the blue windows logo and the spinning dots. This kept happening and obviously the most widely suggested fix is to boot it in safe mode. However, I can’t do this because it freezes or fades to black before the troubleshooting screen can even show up! I went into my bios to try to see if I could do anything to no avail. One time the computer didn’t freeze for long enough for me to boot into safe mode with network and it still just froze and gave me a black screen! My specs that I think are relevant to this issue are as follows:
RX 580 armor graphics card
BF-450 strix gaming mobo
Ryzen 5 2600 cpu
So you are now stuck with a black screen once windows boots correct?

If thats the case simply enter windows via safe mode and uninstall your drivers.
The auto overclock options are horrible in amd's cards and in general aswell i'd say. Try not to use them and tune them manually if you'd like to overclock/undervolt your card in the future.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS