Question Windows Freezes On Load, won't load recovery

sephiroth.pierce

Honorable
Apr 9, 2018
I know there are similar posts but I haven't found solutions on the other posts.

I'm unsure if I have a faulty liquid cooler that killed my cpu or if its a windows problem.

I've had issues with this build since I put it together. This is probably the sixth pc I've built over the years. First was a faulty CPU I had to RMA, and it fixed the issue. However my girlfriend was using this computer to browse facebook and it shut down without an error message in her recount.

Now it freezes on the rotating dots on the loading of Windows. I have also tried booting to a thumb drive for Windows Media tool, but it freezes on the rotating dots as before.
I can access the BIOS but any form of windows 10 seems inaccessible. I tried loading another SSD with windows 7 and received an error message stating it did not like the windows 7 ssd. The power source isn't the problem, its tested to work properly. Tested ram individually, seems like a ram stick isn't the issue.

I can't get into window recovery or safe mode currently.

Core Equipment
  1. GeIL EVO POTENZA AMD 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3000 (PC4 24000) Intel XMP 2.0 Desktop Memory Model GAPB416GB3000C16ADC
  2. AMD RYZEN 5 3400G 4-Core 3.7 GHz (4.2 GHz Max Boost) Socket AM4 65W YD3400C5FHBOX Desktop Processor
  3. ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming Motherboard (ATX) AMD Ryzen 2 AM4 DDR4 DP HDMI M.2 USB 3.1 Gen2 B450
  4. EVGA NVidia GeForce 1060 GTX
  5. CoolerMaster MasterLiquid ML120L RGB V2, Close-Loop AIO CPU Liquid Cooler, 120 Radiator, SickleFlow 120mm, RGB Lighting, 3rd Gen Dual Chamber Pump for AMD Ryzen/Intel LGA1200/1151

Last edited:
I know there are similar posts but I haven't found solutions on the other posts.

I'm unsure if I have a faulty liquid cooler that killed my cpu or if its a windows problem.

I've had issues with this build since I put it together. This is probably the sixth pc I've built over the years. First was a faulty CPU I had to RMA, and it fixed the issue. However my girlfriend was using this computer to browse facebook and it shut down without an error message in her recount.

Now it freezes on the rotating dots on the loading of Windows. I have also tried booting to a thumb drive for Windows Media tool, but it freezes on the rotating dots as before.
I can access the BIOS but any form of windows 10 seems inaccessible. I tried loading another SSD with windows 7 and received an error message stating it did not like the windows 7 ssd. The power source isn't the problem, its tested to work properly. Tested ram individually, seems like a ram stick isn't the issue.

I can't get into window recovery or safe mode currently.

Core Equipment
  1. GeIL EVO POTENZA AMD 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3000 (PC4 24000) Intel XMP 2.0 Desktop Memory Model GAPB416GB3000C16ADC
  2. AMD RYZEN 5 3400G 4-Core 3.7 GHz (4.2 GHz Max Boost) Socket AM4 65W YD3400C5FHBOX Desktop Processor
  3. ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming Motherboard (ATX) AMD Ryzen 2 AM4 DDR4 DP HDMI M.2 USB 3.1 Gen2 B450
  4. EVGA NVidia GeForce 1060 GTX
  5. CoolerMaster MasterLiquid ML120L RGB V2, Close-Loop AIO CPU Liquid Cooler, 120 Radiator, SickleFlow 120mm, RGB Lighting, 3rd Gen Dual Chamber Pump for AMD Ryzen/Intel LGA1200/1151
Make it smaller.
Remove the gpu and plug the monitor into the mobo.
Use one stick of ram in the proper slot.....see the manual.
Turn off xmp.

sephiroth.pierce

Honorable
Apr 9, 2018
I've tested all the ports. Fans are the only thing plugged in. Tried it on other PC's and even made another recovery usb. I'm gonna order one of the ram sticks on their list and give it a shot, doubt it will fix the solution but I'd hate to RMA again and I keep wondering if its the CPU and that the watercooler motor isn't running which might have caused CPU damage?