Question Windows freezes randomly

msprandomacc

Reputable
Nov 16, 2017
My computer freezes randomly when doing whatever. I have tried literally everything I could so now I am asking if someone else might understand this problem.

It doesn't matter what I am doing, this happens mostly during very light use ( watching youtube etc.) but sometimes also during games. The computer slowly starts to freeze. First I will notice it in apps being slow to respond (can't scroll down or it is very slow for example on spotify) then it progresses to internet connection issues until eventually the whole computer freezes and only windows button will respond. Nothing will happen in apps and restarting or shutting off doesn't go anywhere, it will just minimize a few apps and then not do anything. Sometimes I got it to go to restarting screen, but it will just stay there forever. Nothing changes until I restart my computer via power button. This issue might return multiple times during the day, some days everything is fine.

I have done all the official memory tests and cpu test and gpu test but they show no errors. All temps are more than fine (max 60-70 on cpu, 60 gpu). The system also has had almost every component swapped to test what might be the issue. All but the gpu and psu. Windows has been reinstalled. I am stumped.

Regular apps: Spotify, Discord, Chrome, Steam, NZXT CAM, GPU tweak 2, F-Secure, Razer Central and Nvidia Control Panel & Experience.
Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x (swapped from original system)
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming (swapped from original system)
Memory: HyperX Predator 16GB 3200MHz (swapped from original system)
Disk: Gigabyte 1TB M.2. PCIe Gen.4 (swapped from original system)
GPU: Asus Rog Strix RTX 2070
AIO: NZXT Kraken X

Drive link to Event Viewer logs: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pyhUFJiSh-__DXKC_rMjdhCQctV3DQRB/view?usp=sharing

Let me know if you need any additional information. Appreciate your help. (if in the wrong place let me know)

Sep 6, 2021
Try shutting down NXZT CAM when you start your pc. That program has a lot of problems for me. Kept freezing my pc randomly, after shutting it down I had no problems anymore. Only reason that I still have it installed is for RGB. So just close it or remove it.

Hope this helps you!

msprandomacc

Reputable
Nov 16, 2017
Try shutting down NXZT CAM when you start your pc. That program has a lot of problems for me. Kept freezing my pc randomly, after shutting it down I had no problems anymore. Only reason that I still have it installed is for RGB. So just close it or remove it.

Hope this helps you!

I'll try this and report back what I find, thanks!

msprandomacc

Reputable
Nov 16, 2017
PSU make/model? Motherboard chipset drivers installed?
I highly doubt it's the PSU as I have no issues with power delivery etc. But it's Corsair 650W RM650x. Motherboard has chipset drivers and everything and bios is latest. This issue was also present on another motherboard which was updated, had drivers and bios was latest.

I highly doubt it's the PSU as I have no issues with power delivery etc. But it's Corsair 650W RM650x. Motherboard has chipset drivers and everything and bios is latest. This issue was also present on another motherboard which was updated, had drivers and bios was latest.
GPU then? That PSU is more than decent. Do you have a GPU to swap it out with temporarily to test with?