Windows freezing and crashing on SSD

nmiller1331

Prominent
Jul 22, 2017
I just built my first computer about a week ago.

Parts List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/fDtcKZ

Intel - Core i5-7500 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor
Gigabyte - GA-B250M-DS3H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Patriot - 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory
Kingston - A400 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Hitachi - Ultrastar 7K3000 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Zotac - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Mini Video Card
Corsair - Carbide SPEC-04 (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case
Corsair - CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
Cooler Master HYPER T4 CPU COOLER
Corsair - STRAFE Wired Gaming Keyboard
Corsair - Harpoon RGB Wired Optical Mouse

The first three days everything ran smoothly with no issues. I have a fresh install of Windows 10, a few days ago my system started crashing and giving me the BSOD or just freezing my entire computer to where I can't even open Task Manager to close applications. This has happened during a short gaming session or even when my computer is idle for 10+ minutes.

I've tried as much as I can to no avail. I've run sfc scannow, Prime95, memory diagnostics, tried a fresh install of Windows and several other tests with no error results returned but the problem still persists. All of my drivers are up to date according to Driver Easy.

I'm at a loss at what else to try, currently my GPU is removed from my PC as I think that might be the root of the issue. Can anyone help me in determining other ways to test why Windows keeps freezing? Is there a way to test my GPU to see if that's the issue? There is no set thing that I am doing that is causing the BSOD or freezing as it happens randomly while using or not using my computer.

Thanks in advance!

nmiller1331

Prominent
Jul 22, 2017

It ended up being a bad CPU, gave up after trying to diagnose it and took it to MicroCenter as I had a warranty on almost all my parts from there and they replaced the CPU and it solved it for me!

Dec 10, 2018

Ok, i will focus on that.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!

TRENDING THREADS