Windows freezing, and mouse lag

Feb 17, 2018
Hello! I hope everyone’s day is going well! :)
I have a problem with a laptop I have recently bought, it is a Dell inspiron 15 7000 gaming. I am really liking the laptop but I can not figure out why it is locking up/freezing at times. If I power the machine down and leave it for a few hours and turn it back on it will boot into windows just fine and be usable for maybe a minute or so and freeze. I will then have to do a hard shutdown, but once it boots back up it is fine and doesn’t freeze for the entire day and I use it at work for 8+ hours. It does however have mouse lag, when I right click on the desktop the mouse will freeze for just a second then be fine, this also happens if I open any internet browser. I am not sure if this is a problem with the windows 10 fall creators update or not. I am hoping you guys could help me out. Any thoughts or tips would be much appreciated.
Thank you!

BadAsAl

Distinguished
Have you checked your disk usage? Open Task Manager and look at that, if it is near or at 100% that will cause these problems. I have now seen this several times on Windows 10 machines. If it is indeed the problem then do a clean boot and see if it persists. If it doesn't then you have to start the process of elimination to see what is causing the high usage.

Feb 17, 2018

Hello BadAsAI!
When I first boot the machine up I look at the task manager and my disk goes to 100% just for a few seconds and than stays at 0% until I open an application, but once the machine is fully booted it never really hits 100% again. The CPU is also at 100% when I first start it up. But this makes sense because of the applications it is starting up. Please correct me if I am wrong.