[SOLVED] Windows Freezing then Being Unable to Get Past Login Screen

Jun 29, 2020
Just finished building my first computer, run in to a troubling problem. I was able to install Windows 10 using a bootable USB without issue and begin downloading games, browsing the web, etc. However, after playing World of Warcraft for about 20 minutes, everything in Windows froze and upon restart, I'm completely unable to login. The computer boots normally, then, when the normal windows sign in would come up, I'm brought to a green screen just with the time and date, and the icon in the lower left corner showing that I'm unable to connect to the internet.

Booting from my USB and attempting to reinstall windows will recognize my SSD along with 3 other partitions. When I choose to install on the primary partition, it returns "We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one". Similarly, attempting to delete the partition returns Error:0x80070001.

I then tried to clean the disk via the command prompt. After using the Diskpart command, having my SSD show up, selecting it and using the 'clean' command returns: "DiskPart has encountered an error: Incorrect function."

From here I'm really at a loss what to do, am I right in assuming this is an issue with my SSD? Or could something with the other components/windows be causing this?

My system is: CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x

MOBO: MSI MAG x570 Tomahawk WIFI

GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Windforce

RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory

SSD: Silicon Power 1TB NVMe PCIe Gen3 x4 M.2

Jun 29, 2020
Try reinstalling your m.2 ssd. Also try booting with only one RAM stick. Otherwise, it sounds like either a ssd failure or a virus/malware.
Welp, after wiping the drive from the bios and reinstalling windows, same issue happened again. After another restart the ssd wasn’t even recognized in the bios anymore. Tried both slots a few times, looks like It’s probably a bad ssd.