Question Windows freezing when not in focus

Jan 23, 2021
So to start off the windows that are open in the background are the problem. If multiple windows are open at once the ones unfocused will freeze and not respond to anything this also includes the desktop and taskbar. I have found the ctrl alt deleting fixes the frozen windows.

The current components are
Ryzen 5 3600
Tuf gaming x570-plus (Wi-Fi) (new)
Corsair vengeance lpx ddr4 3600 MHz (new)
Amd rx 5700xt
Samsung sad 850 evo
Sandisk sdssh3 (new)
Evga gq 750watt (new)

While trying to solve this problem I have:
updated drivers
changed the power settings
Reinstalled windows
Installed a new motherboard and ram
Installed a different graphics card
Even with all of these things I still have not been able to fix the problem.
Any info that would potentially help me solve this issue would be amazing.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2021
600 Watts EVGA W1 is a TIer D PSU made to be used with a system with integrated graphics. So it's a very low quality PSU. It could be your issue or not.

Unless you do a Windows 10 reinstall and not a reset and you don't have that issue after I'd say replace that PSU for a Corsair CX model minimum.
Have both reinstalled windows and replaced the psu with an evga gq 750watt. I am still running into the problem.

May 25, 2020
I believe this is the same issue I am having, but it is more of a "focus" control issue. The non-focused windows aren't freezing, I am just unable to click them. Only the focus window will allow clicks. I have to CTRL+ALT+DLT then click twice to sort of "reactivate" it then I can hit Cancel and get back into Windows and everything's functional.

Is this similar to your issue?