Windows Freezing with Ryzen Build

Sep 19, 2018
I just upgraded my PC with a ryzen 5 2600 cpu and ever since then my PC would randomly stop responding. All my audio would stop the screen freezes and I can’t do anything. I have to reboot my PC with the cases power button. I thought it might’ve been because my CPU was overclocked so I undid that and the error still persists.

Solution
Did you change CPU and motherboard? Was it an upgrade from an older platform but you used the old Windows installation?

If so, you need to do a clean install as the chipset drivers, storage controller drivers and probably some other onboard component drivers such as sound, are likely to cause problems after upgrading to a new platform.

If it's a clean install of the OS, then you may need to go to the motherboard product page and install all of the relevant chipset, storage, usb and other drivers found there.

If you've done that, after doing a clean install, not on TOP of the old installation, then we'll have to do some further troubleshooting.
Did you change CPU and motherboard? Was it an upgrade from an older platform but you used the old Windows installation?

If so, you need to do a clean install as the chipset drivers, storage controller drivers and probably some other onboard component drivers such as sound, are likely to cause problems after upgrading to a new platform.

If it's a clean install of the OS, then you may need to go to the motherboard product page and install all of the relevant chipset, storage, usb and other drivers found there.

If you've done that, after doing a clean install, not on TOP of the old installation, then we'll have to do some further troubleshooting.

Solution