autoblogart

Honorable
Apr 18, 2018
I recently Bought a Kingston A400 240GB SSD From Aliexpress To Upgrade The performance of MY PC

I Do Have a HDD 320gb splited to 2 Partitions :

• One For windows called ( C : )
  • One For Installing games and Softwares Called ( E : )
i have been watching a youtube videos on how to transfer windows From HDD to SSD without losing DATA

but all the tutorials were on a Disk with only one partition wich is ( E : ) not splited

So i need To know if i Can Migrate my OS From MY HDD TO SSD and KEEP the HDD ( E : ) Partition after booting from SSD without LOSING It's DATA ,

i Hope you Did understand , if you Didn't don't hesitate To Ask me and i will Be Here To Clarify , Thank You in Advance

Solution
What size is your C partition?
If under 200GB, you can do this.

-----------------------------
Specific steps for a successful clone operation:
Verify the actual used space on the current drive is significantly below the size of the new SSD
Download and install Macrium Reflect (or Samsung Data Migration, if a Samsung SSD)
Power off
Disconnect ALL drives except the current C and the new SSD
Power up
Run the Macrium Reflect (or Samsung Data Migration)
Select ALL the partitions on the existing C drive (For your case, DESELECT the E partition)
Click the 'Clone' button
Wait until it is done
When it finishes, power off
Disconnect ALL drives except for the new SSD
This...

USAFRet

Titan

Verify the actual used space on the current drive is significantly below the size of the new SSD
Download and install Macrium Reflect (or Samsung Data Migration, if a Samsung SSD)
Power off
Power up
Select ALL the partitions on the existing C drive (For your case, DESELECT the E partition)
Click the 'Clone' button
Wait until it is done
This is to allow the system to try to boot from ONLY the SSD
Swap the SATA cables around so that the new drive is connected to the same SATA port as the old drive
Power up, and verify the BIOS boot order
If good, continue the power up

It should boot from the new drive, just like the old drive.
Maybe reboot a time or two, just to make sure.

If it works, and it should, all is good.

Later, reconnect the old drive and wipe all partitions on it.
This will probably require the commandline diskpart function, and the clean command.

Ask questions if anything is unclear.

Solution

autoblogart

Honorable
Apr 18, 2018
Do you mean that everything on the HDD should be migrated to the new SSD? In fact, some third-party cloning software like free hdd clone software in Windows 7, might come to help. Maybe you can clone the whole HDD to the SSD via Disk Clone. Not System Clone. System clone will only migrate OS to SSD. Hope it can help you.
The Whole Goal Here Friend is To Move System From Partition C to SSD and Delete it From HDD , but i keep My Partition E untouched and Keep Data on it , So Basically Moving Partition C to SSD and keep The Partition E on HDD without moving it and without losing data , is it possible ??

autoblogart

Honorable
Apr 18, 2018

Power off
Power up
Click the 'Clone' button
Wait until it is done
This is to allow the system to try to boot from ONLY the SSD
Swap the SATA cables around so that the new drive is connected to the same SATA port as the old drive
Power up, and verify the BIOS boot order
If good, continue the power up

It should boot from the new drive, just like the old drive.
Maybe reboot a time or two, just to make sure.

If it works, and it should, all is good.

Later, reconnect the old drive and wipe all partitions on it.
This will probably require the commandline diskpart function, and the clean command.

Ask questions if anything is unclear.
Hi Friend Thank You FOR your time ,

you said

While i Do only Have one HDD partitioned to 2 Partitions , C: and E:

n0xTtKq.jpg

The Whole Goal Here Friend is To Move System From Partition C to SSD and Delete Windows From HDD , but i keep My Partition E untouched and Keep Data on it , So Basically Moving Partition C to SSD and keep The Partition E on HDD without moving it and without losing data
, is it possible ??

Thank You in advance

autoblogart

Honorable
Apr 18, 2018
Right. That means disconnect any other physical drives.
Obviously, your C and E partitions being on the same drive...that's the one you leave connected.
Okey so Far Very Clear Thanks To You Friend
There is one last thing i need To Know :

On Macrium Reflect ,

YosCBMt.jpg

1. when Drag and Drop , Should i drag and Drop to SSD in The Same Order as Mentioned on The program In Picture ?
  2. i should not Drag and Drop the Disk E that contains my Data that i want to keep in HDD right ?

Thank You in Advance .

You are correct, do NOT drag E into it.
Then once it's done, disconnect the HDD, after you shutdown the computer (remove SATA cable)
Then see if the computer will boot up on the SSD (you may have to change priority in BIOS)
If it works, let us know...
USAFRet is the expert on this stuff