Games

I somehow lost my freecell, hearts, minesweeper, etc. games. I searched the
computer. I know there is nothing else I can do to get them back on
microsoft.com but I do not want to load the Home Edition CD...it states do
not use to reinstall operating systems already installed on the computer.
WILL THAT ERASE EVERYTHING?

What can I do? I have many things on my computer I do not want to lose.
So, there is no other way? Please help.

Gabbie

"GAMES" <GAMES@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I somehow lost my freecell, hearts, minesweeper, etc. games. I searched
>the
> computer. I know there is nothing else I can do to get them back on
> microsoft.com but I do not want to load the Home Edition CD...it states do
> not use to reinstall operating systems already installed on the computer.
> WILL THAT ERASE EVERYTHING?
>
> What can I do? I have many things on my computer I do not want to lose.
> So, there is no other way? Please help.

Hello!

Yup there is another way.

Go to Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs -> Add/Remove Windows
components -> Accessories and Utilities -> Games make sure all the boxes are
checked and click OK!

If they're already checked, uncheck them click OK, and then recheck them.

Hope that helps!

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.

Games

half way thru the process, the window...insert Home edition CD pops up. By
the way, I checked i386 (?) folder the only one that shows up proper is
spider solitaire.

I cannot do anything without the INSERT CD window.

Gabbie

"Paul Smith" wrote:

> "GAMES" <GAMES@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I somehow lost my freecell, hearts, minesweeper, etc. games. I searched
> >the
> > computer. I know there is nothing else I can do to get them back on
> > microsoft.com but I do not want to load the Home Edition CD...it states do
> > not use to reinstall operating systems already installed on the computer.
> > WILL THAT ERASE EVERYTHING?
> >
> > What can I do? I have many things on my computer I do not want to lose.
> > So, there is no other way? Please help.
>
> Hello!
>
> Yup there is another way.
>
> Go to Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs -> Add/Remove Windows
> components -> Accessories and Utilities -> Games make sure all the boxes are
> checked and click OK!
>
> If they're already checked, uncheck them click OK, and then recheck them.
>
> Hope that helps!
>
> --
> Paul Smith,
> Yeovil, UK.
> http://www.dasmirnov.net/
> http://windows.dasmirnov.net/ Windows XP Resource Site.
>
> *Replace nospam with smirnov to reply by e-mail*

Games

What will happen if I put the CD in the drive...everything will lost?

Gabbie

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 18:21:02 -0800, GAMES wrote:

> What will happen if I put the CD in the drive...everything will lost?

No, the games will be re-installed from the CD, if the Windows setup via
autorun opens when you insert the CD just cancel it. And before you did it
backup your data and create a restore point if you prefer ;-)

--
All the Best
Katy Pluta

> What will happen if I put the CD in the drive...everything will lost?

Nope. I'll just take the games off the CD and re-install them on your
machine.

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.