[SOLVED] Windows Getting Corrupted Regularly

Oct 9, 2019
I bought a MSI GL65 Gaming Notebook from Newegg. It came with pre-installed Wİndows 10 Home Edition but can't boot. Then i formatted the disk and installed a clean Windows. It went ok for about 2 days but after 2 days it got corrupted again. I opened the command prompt from repair the Windows section and chkdisk found a lots of errors and at the end i get
failed to transfer logged messages to the event log with status 50
This message.

After that i formatted the SSD and installed Windows again. After the fresh install i ran sfc/scannow in Windows and it found errors right after de installation. Then Windows went ok for 2 days again and today when i booted up the laptop, it can't login to Windows, just stock at Welcome screen. I tryed the chkdsk command again and it forund a ton of errors, at the end it said 736 kb in bad sectors at the end of chkdsk "thing" and can't repair any further.

Yes it seems it caused by hardware but i can't understand why SSD ran ok through SeaTools Long test and made this after some data transfers such as Steam downloads etc.

What do you think about it? MSI has 1 year international Warranty so i can send this to the service here in Turkey, or return it to the Newegg but for now i would prefer to solve it here.

The brand of NVME SSD that MSI used in this laptop is Western Digital.

So this is all about of faulty SSD or any other hardware can cause this?

Oct 9, 2019
I think so too. Is there any other hardware can cause this bad sector failures etc. other than SSD, is it possible? I can't figure any other hardware error than an SSD failure. It should have came out of the box with pre installed Windows, it came but it said try to repair Windows every time. And since than problem continued. I will send the laptop to service and i hope they can fix it.

It's weird that SSD passes the test on Windows but gets bad sectors after some data transfers.

D

Deleted member 14196

ssd is faulty. reg it replaced.

when you installed windows, did you delete all the partitions on the SSD first? you should have or it's not a CLEAN install.

Reactions: oytunyagiz
Oct 9, 2019