Question Windows gives me 0xc0000098 BSOD when RAID array is active

djalekks

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2013
Weirdest thing. This just started happening after I moved places. Basically at this point I have a lot of random problems (unable to upgrade to 1909 being most prominent) but now I have this other unique problem. One day I randomly got the BSOD with error mentioned in title. I was looking for solutions, and all of them involved creating a bootable USB, which I couldn't at the time as my stuff was being shipped, and didn't have access to anything else than a phone.

Now from previous experience (and the recent move) I've noticed that the RAID gets disabled whenever the computer is unplugged completely and then plugged back in. In order to activate it I have to do so through the EZ wizard in BIOS. The RAID was never itself affected. All the data on it intact, accessible, everything seemed fine.

Now I have this new problem. Whenever the array is active it gives me the 0xc0000098 error. Mind you I boot of a smaller SSD that's not part of the RAID. So I don't even get how one affects the other? Any remedies? I will try to repair through a bootable USB, but could something more nefarious be going on? Recently with these random problems I feel like my PC has a much deeper issue. But anyway this RAID issue itself sucks because it has about 10TB of data and I don't want to mess it up. Any input would help! I can provide any specifics you need, just tell me what I need to inform you about. Thank you!

djalekks

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2013
Maybe I didn't express myself properly. It's not getting in and out of BIOS that fixes it, it's unplugging the pc (physically), waiting some seconds and plugging back in that actually does it. Curiously, after the replug, I always get a fan error, I fix that by ignoring it in the MONITOR section. But now if I reassemble my RAID I get the BSOD I mentioned.

I ran the commmand... can't seem to copy but what I got back was that Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Then it goes on to instruct what to do for online repairs, offline repairs and where the log is located.

Could you recommend a next step?