[SOLVED] Windows goes to automatic repair with weird screen and is stuck in its loop (pictures present with lightshot links)

Status
Not open for further replies.

XtremeshoX

Commendable
Dec 25, 2016
Hello,

I just turned off my pc and after a few hours i came back home, turned it on and that problem occured. Firstly there is a weird screen as shown in the picture and than windows starts loading in the background which brings it to the point of automatic repair. I tried the backup files the boot up without anti-malware, repair with keeping my data, all give the same output, back to the automatic repair. I tried booting into safe-mode and i get into windows properly but the white stripes stay on the monitor. JUST TO CLARIFY monitors and the cables of them are working properly beacuse i tried them on my laptop.
I also cannot try the onboard GPU because I have CPU only motherboard.
I have also seen a few articles on the web regarding this problem that PSU could be the problem but I have a pretty decent chieftec PSU which i paid 90€ for and before i bought it, i checked all the recomended amps and voltages that the GPU requires just to bypas those kind of problems.

Picture of starting my pc: http://prntscr.com/oxiaq6 (the same screen, only blue in colour is shown if I try to enter the bios, so because of that I cant set boot from USB to try and reinstall the windows)
Automatic repair picture: http://prntscr.com/oxib25
Safe-mode picture inside windows: http://prntscr.com/oxib8v

One time i already had this problem but was able to recover from it with the backup system file but now this doesnt seem to work.
Anyone has any ideas is that some corrupt windows or driver files or is it the GPU?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Solution
Thanks to both of you for trying to help but I recieved another GPU so I could test if it is the GPUs fault and unfortunately it is.
Weird, because I thought that PC can boot up regardless of the GPU but looks like something was fucking it hard.

XtremeshoX

Commendable
Dec 25, 2016
GPU: Asus Radeon R9 280 3Gb
CPU: AMD FX 8350
PSU Chieftec 750W A-80 series
RAM: 12Gb DDR3
MOBO: Gigabyte GA 970A DS3P
SSD: Hyper X EVO 240gb
HDD: 1TB WD

Last edited:

XtremeshoX

Commendable
Dec 25, 2016
That definitely looks like cable/monitor problem. Could be also broken contacts on gpu to monitor connector.

Cables and monitors are ok. Tried them with the same cables on my laptop, no problem. Only if there is the connector on the GPU but everything is weird because I only turned off the PC the correct way and turned it back on 4 hours later and than this occured. I havent even been plugging anything in and out for the past I dont know, 2 months maybe, nor moving the PC case alot. Only for like 30 centimeters to vacuum clean around it.

But also why the corrupt windows then i mean the auto repair? If the GPU is failing i think the windows would still be able to boot with no problem, or if there is no GPU, windows doesnt continue but as far as I know, you only need RAM, CPU and a HDD/SDD with windows to boot it up, GPU is optional. Or am I wrong?

Last edited:

XtremeshoX

Commendable
Dec 25, 2016
Thanks to both of you for trying to help but I recieved another GPU so I could test if it is the GPUs fault and unfortunately it is.
Weird, because I thought that PC can boot up regardless of the GPU but looks like something was fucking it hard.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.