Windows graphics driver issues. Potentially wrt the stickied post

Daniel_253

Commendable
Jun 11, 2016
So I have been having issues with my windows for a couple days now. It started off while I was gaming windows update was running in the background and I force closed it to finish my game. After that I got constant blue screens 1-2 mins into loading windows. I decided to reset said windows.

After resetting it worked fine. So I installed programs again and try to install drivers for my GTX 660 from GForce experience. Then I got sort of a checkerboard shear across my monitor and sound from the speakers became really distorted. So I forced a shutdown and upon restart windows would not load and my display was the wrong aspect ratio (like then was a small monitor in the center of mine that was in use) and there are white lines making vertical bar codes across my screen also when startup repair launched if I moved my mouse over the lines they would dissappear.

I had to fresh install windows 10 from a flash drive and all seemed well for about a day when it crashed again with the white square checkboard thing while playing a game. Then it booted up fine but it crashed a second time the same way after watching a video and now I'm back to white lines and no windows. Could this be from the graphics drivers conflicting? Is it software? As reinstalling windows fix it. Or could it be hardware (which I really hope it isnt)

Solution
before blowing away windows again, can you test card in another pc and see if it happens there?

If it still happens after a fresh install you can't blame it on windows completely.

have you upgraded motherboard bios?

Colif

Win 11 Master
before blowing away windows again, can you test card in another pc and see if it happens there?

If it still happens after a fresh install you can't blame it on windows completely.

have you upgraded motherboard bios?

Solution