[SOLVED] Windows has stopped this device because it reported code 43

May 10, 2021
Hello to everyone. The other day I started getting the code43 error after installing the radeon 21.4.1 update on my rx580 card. I tried the old drivers, it didn't work. I used DDU, it didn't work. Software solutions did not work. But my computer does not show blue screen or distorted image, graphics card fans are spinning. Do you think this problem is hardware or software? Can you get me out of this error please? Because of the high exchange rate in my country, I cannot get a new card.
Ryzen 3 2200g OC
B450M-K
Thermaltake 550W PSU

Solution
Hi ExarKunDS.

This error occurs when your graphics device driver has notified Windows that the device isn’t working properly. This may mean that the device has a hardware problem, or that the driver or driver software is failing.

Try a DDU uninstall of the drivers and try reinstalling the latest one. If that doesn't work I would try reseating the GPU. If that doesn't work it's probably a failing GPU.
Hi ExarKunDS.

This error occurs when your graphics device driver has notified Windows that the device isn’t working properly. This may mean that the device has a hardware problem, or that the driver or driver software is failing.

Try a DDU uninstall of the drivers and try reinstalling the latest one. If that doesn't work I would try reseating the GPU. If that doesn't work it's probably a failing GPU.

Last edited:
Solution
May 10, 2021
Hi ExarKunDS.

Thank you for your answer but I have tried this before and there was no solution. I understand AMD killed my graphics card with the update it sent.