Windows Hello Secure On Integrated Tobii Eye Tracker (Predator Z271T)?

vaughn123

Prominent
Apr 3, 2017
Hi,
I recently setup Windows Hello using the integrated eye tracker on my monitor, and i was wondering how secure the system is, i know the microsoft-made sensor arrays are relatively secure, but i am doubtful about the security, as it is a third-party device, dir example can it be fooled by an image, Etc.?

Thanks in advance,
Vaughn

Solution
I honestly believe all that stuff can be fooled with enough work right now, it's just not good enough, Apple's recent issues, MS's etc..

People are even screwing with these systems by using masks and their offspring

vaughn123

Prominent
Apr 3, 2017

I did see that article, but to my interpretation it seems to have been fixed by an update, below is a quote from the article:
Even if you've installed the fixed versions that shipped in October – builds 1703 or 1709 – facial recognition has to be set up from scratch to make it resistant to the attack.

Mark RM

Admirable
I honestly believe all that stuff can be fooled with enough work right now, it's just not good enough, Apple's recent issues, MS's etc..

People are even screwing with these systems by using masks and their offspring

Solution

vaughn123

Prominent
Apr 3, 2017

Yeah, i'm not expecting it to be as secure as a password, i just need it to be secure enough to where one of my friends Etc. can't easily fool it with a modified photo - or otherwise - and screw around on my computer.

Mark RM

Admirable
I wouldn't trust it that much yet, but the truth is if I have physical access to a an unencrypted computer, not much can stop me from messing with it.

If it's important enough for the encryption overhead, then you're going to using something more secure than facial recognition or four digit pins.