Windows Home Server 2011.. running multiple instances of msdt.exe.. total 127 processes running

eddiejames80

Honorable
Jun 9, 2013
Something unsual is going on with my server as of late..

ive noticed heavy lag, restarting, I see many instances of "msdt.exe *32" running, like 70x!!!
Its under the name "MediaStreamingAdmin" that's not the pc's name, it says its a diagnostic troubleshooting wizard, under description

Normally I login via remote desktop, but lately its so laggy that I cant really even login and do much.
Im running some AV scans currently since that's my #1 suspicion

REALLY don't wanna reinstall WHS 2011, its a major PITA, also I use FlexRaid, which for me is a pain to re-setup also

I don't do much with my server, I run a plex server, I store movies, tv shows, some games.
the latest stuff ive added which I don't fully trust has been "hyperspin" its an emulator front end.

but other than that, I don't do anything with my server. So it usually runs really clean and good.

eddiejames80

Honorable
Jun 9, 2013
nothing? so hard to find any answers regarding this online, ive been searching and searching.
Signed up to a server website, but their sign up proceedure is a joke, been waiting 24 hours cant even make a post.

TRENDING THREADS