[SOLVED] Windows Install from USB not working

jacksyee

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2012
Hi,

I have rebuilt a system, I am in BIOS, I have my windows 10 install USB Stick that came with my windows license.

Under “storage information” I can see the M2 drive I want to install Windows on and the USB “KDI-MSFT Windows 10 PMAP”

However, when I turn on the computer it gets to A9 and goes into BIOS

Under Boot Menu it says “the system cannot find any bootable devices”

Normally when I built a computer I could select the boot order but I can’t figure out how. I have an ASUS ROG Hero Xi Mobo.

I thought the computer would just boot off the USB stick and go into setup.

Any ideas?

Solution
The USB drive has the windows install media - it’s an official windows USB stick that I bought a few years ago when I built the original system ( this is a rebuild since I had a CPU go bad)

“How did you create the Win 10 install routine?”

I didn’t, I am not sure what you mean. Before I am pretty sure I just stuck the USB stick in the USB 3.0 slot on my PC and booted it
That USB or its contents may have become corrupt over the years.
I'd suggest making a whole new one.

Assuming you have access to another PC, here:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

USAFRet

Titan
What is on that USB?
How did you create the Win 10 install routine?

jacksyee

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2012
What is on that USB?
How did you create the Win 10 install routine?

The USB drive has the windows install media - it’s an official windows USB stick that I bought a few years ago when I built the original system ( this is a rebuild since I had a CPU go bad)

I didn’t, I am not sure what you mean. Before I am pretty sure I just stuck the USB stick in the USB 3.0 slot on my PC and booted it

USAFRet

Titan

That USB or its contents may have become corrupt over the years.
I'd suggest making a whole new one.

Assuming you have access to another PC, here:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Solution