[SOLVED] Windows install Hard Disk 0.0 MB

CaptainUselessMan

Reputable
Feb 3, 2020
Hi.So my old hdd got broken and i bought a new one.Its a 500 gb hdd and i installed it inside the computer everything good but when i tried to install Win 10 , on the installation its saying that the disk is 0.0 mb.So i dont think the disk is broken because when i boot the pc i can see the name , capacity and everything so the pc can see it.And another thing is sometimes i can see that the disk is 500 gb in win 10 setup but when i try to install the win it get stuck at '' copying windows files 0% '' and i cant move from there.And i tried the thing with '' diskpart , list disk , select disk 0 , clean '' and it worked ! like 1-4 times but not its not working anymore that strategy and my hdd is still at unallocated 0.0 mb. So i really like if someone can help me because its a new hdd and i dont want to return it because i have no idea how :)

USAFRet

Titan
OK, just checking. Terminology matters.
Installing ON is different than Installing From.

So, on to the install.
At what point during the install does it show "0.0MB" for this selected drive?
Can you post a pic of that specific window?

Is this the ONLY drive currently connected in the system?

CaptainUselessMan

Reputable
Feb 3, 2020
I dont think its a failed drive because like i said before , sometimes i can make it to show 465 GB by doing in CMD diskpart>list disk>select disk 0>clean/But not its not working anymore that trick and i only have the HDD for 2 days.And connection cables there is no way becasue i can connect my old HDD and its working/ ( also i tried with different cables )