Windows installation disc won’t work unless I unplug my hard drive.

May 23, 2017
Hi. I used driver verifier and I couldn’t boot up. No matter what. So I tried to reset it, still nothing. So I tried to use an installation disc. But that does the same thing. Gives me the same error DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION unless I unplug the hard drive. But then I have no hard drive to install too. I tried to plug it in before I can install but It didnt recognize it. I’m kinda stuck here. What do I do?

Solution

The boot order is back to normal. I never figured out what caused the error code. But I restored my PC without the disc. I used my new MacBook Pro that came in, used boot camp, and used the Windows Creation tool. Then I ran into issues with installing, saying I couldn't. What I did was I unplugged the game drive I had. I would've used that before. But I didn't...
May 23, 2017

Sorry for not much explanation, its Sata. An ssd. And windows 10.It started when I was restarting. Nothing seemed to work. What happens is when I boot into the disc, it tries to boot into the non windows os. Then promptly blue screens, or tries to recover itself, then fails.

use the windows media creation tool. make the newest windows iso usb stick. in your bios boot from usb stick. go into tools on the usb stick. if you dont want any of your data then run diskpart clean to wipe the data off your disk. if you cant boot plug the drive into another pc and run diskpart tools.

May 23, 2017

That was the only Windows machine in the house. I have a new MacBook Pro coming tomorrow. But as far a Ihknow MacOS doesn't support it.

asoroka

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
you can use vmplayer (free download) to run a windows virtual machine on your mac, from there you can create your usb.

Alternately you can mount your hdd into an external usb enclosure ($25) and repartion it there, again from your MAC.

What windows boot media do you have? I mean where are you going to install windows from?

May 23, 2017

On my Pc. I use mac and pc

May 23, 2017

MSI Z170A Gaming Pro. I googled on how to check for corrrupted drivers because all my games would have texture issues, especially GTA 5's ''Failed Initialization''. And, no I can't. Besides I Wouldn't know how. Because I attempted to reset my PC. And I've tried advanced startup if thats how you do it .

asoroka

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
Just confirm it starts in BIOS and the system recognizes your hdd.
It can sit in BIOS for ever with no problem.

If the disk is recognized correctly then it is not a hardware fault.

Are you saying that you can't re-install windows on this hdd from CD or USB

May 23, 2017

It recognizes it. The CD won't boot if th drive is plugged in.

What is the boot order as set in BIOS?

May 23, 2017

The boot order is back to normal. I never figured out what caused the error code. But I restored my PC without the disc. I used my new MacBook Pro that came in, used boot camp, and used the Windows Creation tool. Then I ran into issues with installing, saying I couldn't. What I did was I unplugged the game drive I had. I would've used that before. But I didn't want to format it. Honestly I don't think I could've done this without another computer, and I am not sure why it wouldn't let me boot into the CD. I also didn't have money to take it into a store to get it fixed. So sorry for wasting everyone's time.

Solution