Windows installation enters recovery mode

alex9227

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2011
So I have just built a new computer all new parts I am trying to install windows 7 but it doesnt seem to work.
What happens when i turn my computer on i get the "windows is loading files" white bar with the black screen at first, then it says windows is starting up, then i get a popup that asks if i want to utilize network connectivity in the background, i clicked yes and no still doesnt work, next it asks if i want to remap the drive letters to match the mappings from the target OS so i click yes, then it asks what type of keyboard language so i click US, then instead of installing or doing what it is supposed to do it enters system recovery options...
I have tried reformatting the harddrive, doesnt seem to help

Brand new WD Caviar Black 1tb harddrive
Asus p8p67 pro motherboard

then i get a popup that asks if i want to utilize network connectivity in the background, i clicked yes and no still doesnt work,

What still doesn't work?

Why do you want to connect to the internet while your installing windows?

Are you booting to the disk or are you trying to run the disk while your already in Windows?? Boot to the install disk, then format the hdd (all of it, all partitions, etc), then install Windows.

alex9227

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2011
Yes i am booting from the disc, now it just gets to windows is starting then goes black screen. I am going to upload a video of it

I dont want to connect to the internet, thats just something it would ask me :s

I have never had a windows installation ask me if I wanted to connect to the internet, that is really strange, I mean how can you connect to the internet when you have a brand new blank hdd and no OS installed?? I've also never had an OS ask me to re-map driver letters.

Anyways, it looks like your computer is not finding your hardrive. I would go through the manual, make sure it's hooked up correctly and that your power and sata cables are attached to the hardrive securely and attached to mobo securely.

How did you format the drive? Dos? Another computer?

You mentioned it enters revovery mode, I didn't see that on the video.