Windows Installation Error

MutantUnicorn

Prominent
Mar 3, 2017
I have an Asus X555L. Towards the beginning of January my computer began to run slow so I decided to restart my computer. After awhile it finally got to the point of installing Windows. I have Windows 10 pre-installed on it. Well, an error popped up. It said:
"The computer restarted unexpectantly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click the "OK" to restart the computer, and restart the installation."
I pressed the OK button.
Hundreds of times. No joke.
Can someone please help me? I can't go much longer without the use of my laptop and I don't want to have to bring it in to Best Buy.

Solution
As Rocky Bennett said, if you have the Windows 10 install disc, boot into it and repair your current installation there. Also you could do a system restore from there also and then proceed with your refresh/restart.

I do believe you can also do a refresh from the installation media also (but I could be wrong in assuming that, it has been a while for me).

Did you create a recovery disc or did one come with your notebook? If so, you can use that also. If not, you can download the Win 10 edition that you own (Check the sticker for the license info), and then do it that way.

Good luck!

404epoch

Commendable
Apr 20, 2016
As Rocky Bennett said, if you have the Windows 10 install disc, boot into it and repair your current installation there. Also you could do a system restore from there also and then proceed with your refresh/restart.

I do believe you can also do a refresh from the installation media also (but I could be wrong in assuming that, it has been a while for me).

Did you create a recovery disc or did one come with your notebook? If so, you can use that also. If not, you can download the Win 10 edition that you own (Check the sticker for the license info), and then do it that way.

Good luck!

Solution