[SOLVED] Windows Installation Problem (Missing drivers)

SamPrince1886

Reputable
Sep 6, 2016
I recently used a windows install usb for a friends PC, however it has a lot of drivers missing, im just wondering why the same Windows installation USB worked on my pc but not my friends and if using a different install of windows would fix the drivers?

I know you can download the drivers on a separate PC and install them but i am now quite far away from my friend and he really has no idea what he is doing.

Should i get him to get a different version of windows, or attempt to get him to install the drivers?

Solution
Drivers are device specific not Windows OS version specific. Motherboard drivers are the first drivers that need to be installed. That is, chip set, audio and Lan, and depending on motherboard there may be other drivers. If your friend has a discrete graphics card (ie not on the using the motherboard graphics), then they will also need video drivers.

Does you friend have a driver disk that came with their motherboard? That's a good place to start. If not, they'll have to download them from the motherboard makers website. If they have no internet access someone will need to assist.

Tanyac

Reputable
Drivers are device specific not Windows OS version specific. Motherboard drivers are the first drivers that need to be installed. That is, chip set, audio and Lan, and depending on motherboard there may be other drivers. If your friend has a discrete graphics card (ie not on the using the motherboard graphics), then they will also need video drivers.

Does you friend have a driver disk that came with their motherboard? That's a good place to start. If not, they'll have to download them from the motherboard makers website. If they have no internet access someone will need to assist.

Solution