Windows Installer 3.1

MSFT won't let me update my computer unless I install 3.1, and 3.1 makes
..MSI files fail, so I can no longer install anything of the form
<filename>.MSI. Fixing the .MSI failure is tedious.

This is an ongoing, recurring problem.

What can I do? Does anyone else have this problem?

--
Walterius

Microsoft released a second version of MSI 3.1, any chance one of you
recurring problems have been solved/mentioned in
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;893803&sd=RMVP?

"Walterius" <nohow@noway.not> wrote in message
> MSFT won't let me update my computer unless I install 3.1, and 3.1 makes
> .MSI files fail, so I can no longer install anything of the form
> <filename>.MSI. Fixing the .MSI failure is tedious.
>
> This is an ongoing, recurring problem.
>
> What can I do? Does anyone else have this problem?
>
> --
> Walterius

Many thanks. That was the solution. "Genuine Windows Advantage" (what a
crock) also passed for the first time. Again, many thanks. :)

--
Walterius