[SOLVED] Windows Installer doesnt want to work with me

Nov 26, 2019
So I made the windows installation media with my flash drive. And I popped it into my PC. And I went to install Windows on my 970 evo, and I got Windows error 0x80300002. I assumed that meant the installer was corrupt, so I tried a different USB. Same result. Then I plugged a different drive (This was a SATA drive) and same result. What does Windows want from me?

Nov 26, 2019
  1. Yep, Windows 10. Should have specified sorry.
  2. This step:

eQ2H3pALnYra2Wm02oPAy-ZDux8BjIF2s3KK0Kj4fMoRVqU5435RW_LsyCac6COZfrSgpS4-JEuUM-WLCuToys1vrUOFoYVu8xtGox81rJh2IEKK718u0lqqPP_Vc0wsr2QFUXI-gqk5r8ur353NzSreIF78eij6m9x4dCJhXba7fzEZWxRuBRj-JGbSpd6o4BnI7WoHNgRlttQzod9YCq485SzfGUR5Ku54QalO2GKcvlRuFXFJe18Yc2gEvg0L4RDm7KmOMzmE2wroKH4L0aSG9sYrKsRwx8pEh_yQ3sBejutST3XeUPIeY795oK8AquJT_VONvKAjorhuGZxJ66E2wEABqpIT-e_z6usitp0cZT3b-WLcjy7ySha0J8NCGPbOKf-v_RcvNbbm7iOzQr1HnIQd370g0Caj0o1uLpV06tsd30YJqNnDFfoclOTKCREYQtK0IiVWXPFb1Iu7lBaVgW8EBeTULsnCvws2vleWdZIBAQ-ATsN0q7mzUgA_HNzMHtIwLnNXGKvsFCQDy046mlno63R7iyGHfkzu0hLOjpUVo94PbvQGtjb5hP2vZfAU_ivlV0Dj7c6uNK_MVnV1g1qn19bNGVRnVKBHRJYWBk3U7D6z7Jbu22bKm0DXHonTDCf9DIhA1iFwNkLpMXIYHTYvrpDpBJSAfeeeV4dU-K8JLvJBMA=w1112-h625-no

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
doing a quick check on a microsoft forum, the problem is the partitions you have, in particular the first one and or the partition table, sometimes wiping completelly the drive by using diskpart does help, but it kills everything on the hard disk or ssd

start by just wipint all partitions and let windows 10 create all 3 partitions it needs, if you want to resize partitions, it can safely be done later from disk management too in windows

if that doesn't work try the diskpart i mentioned earlier in another pc but should be easier to kill all partitions in the installation

remember that kill partitions, delete them deletes any files you had there, so be sure to make backups first, always, specially when you are doing a os installation

Nov 26, 2019
doing a quick check on a microsoft forum, the problem is the partitions you have, in particular the first one and or the partition table, sometimes wiping completelly the drive by using diskpart does help, but it kills everything on the hard disk or ssd
Thanks!

First i guess I'll grab my USB to SATA cable and wipe it in my laptop.

I'll format my M.2 with my SATA (after I boot it with Windows).

Nov 26, 2019

start by just wipint all partitions and let windows 10 create all 3 partitions it needs, if you want to resize partitions, it can safely be done later from disk management too in windows

if that doesn't work try the diskpart i mentioned earlier in another pc but should be easier to kill all partitions in the installation

remember that kill partitions, delete them deletes any files you had there, so be sure to make backups first, always, specially when you are doing a os installation
So I wiped the drive (all into unallocated space) and then attempted to install windows on my SATA SSD (Samsung 840 Pro if anyone wants to know). It went the the next step, where it began copying WIndows files. It then promptly gave me an error saying that WIndows could not be installed on the selected drive.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Nov 26, 2019
is the error actually - "Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The selected disk is not of the GPT partition style " as that wouldn't make sense on a drive which was only unallocated space before you let windows make partitions.

is this process you followed? : https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/how-to-do-a-clean-installation-of-windows-10.3170366/

what are specs of PC? Do you have latest bios on motherboard?
No that isn't the error. I'll try to see what the error was.

Can't run latest BIOS because I just built this PC.

Ryzen 5 2600
Gigabyte B450 Aorus M
3000mhz Team T-Force Vulcan Z 16GB
EVGA GTX 1650 SUPER SC Ultra 4GB GDDR6
Thermaltake Smart 430W
NZXT H510

Target boot drive: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (probably used in a Linux machine tbh)
Test Boot Drive: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (Not sure why this worked, I made sure it was formatted correctly as NTFS and all of it was unallocated space)