Windows instant message voice problem

I have talked to a friend through instant message for
some time, she had a new hard drive installed recently,
all the test we have ran indicate everything is working
properly, we can write instant messages back and forth,
but when I tried to connect to conversation with her I
always get a message back in red letters that says they
cannot connect to her voice message because of a problem
with your computer.
Her microphone and audio board checks out, we have ran
through every test we can find in the books plus
installed the new service pack 2, the computer repair man
assured her the computer checks out excellent in every
way, he said there is nothing he can do for instant
messaging, that is a Microsoft problem. I hope someone
can help us with this, we are seniors and not very
computer literate, and can't afford high phone bills.

We will really appreciate any help we can get.

Thank you Jerry Davids

Use skype at www.skype.com

It will provide audio while using the webcam if you have one.
Both need windows xp.

Can I run Skype and Remote Assistance of Windows XP at the same time and the
same computer?

Kinlun Yu

"Stephen Harris" wrote:

> "jerry davids" <jerrydavids@access4less.net> wrote in message
> >I have talked to a friend through instant message for
> > some time, she had a new hard drive installed recently,
> > all the test we have ran indicate everything is working
> > properly, we can write instant messages back and forth,
> > but when I tried to connect to conversation with her I
> > always get a message back in red letters that says they
> > cannot connect to her voice message because of a problem
> > with your computer.
> > Her microphone and audio board checks out, we have ran
> > through every test we can find in the books plus
> > installed the new service pack 2, the computer repair man
> > assured her the computer checks out excellent in every
> > way, he said there is nothing he can do for instant
> > messaging, that is a Microsoft problem. I hope someone
> > can help us with this, we are seniors and not very
> > computer literate, and can't afford high phone bills.
> >
> > We will really appreciate any help we can get.
> >
> > Thank you Jerry Davids
> >

> Use skype at www.skype.com
>
> It will provide audio while using the webcam if you have one.
> Both need windows xp.

TRENDING THREADS