Question Windows is broken

EKMGS

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2013
Hello I have had to reset my password and break out the ol' toms account just becuase i cant seem to figure this out. For awhile now I have not been able to update my windows OR use the microsoft store. I've tried everything I can. Followed instructions on multiple websites all saying the same thing. CMD, delete this rename that. I cant reinstall. I cant use the media tool or the upgrade one. I've ran scans and tried windows repair and for the store ive reinstalled and blah blah blah... Nothing is working and all I wanna do is download minecraft from the windows store and im losing my mind.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Advantage to knowing you have to reinstall everything is you can make sure you ahve everything stashed away somewhere before you wipe it all, or write down any passwords you need to get back to where you are now. I installed everything on this pc last year without touching the old one, I had notes written about what programs to reinstall.

On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

boot from installer

follow this guide: https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/how-to-do-a-clean-installation-of-windows-10.3170366/

Hi EKMGS ..... just a thought , on one of my pc i decided to do a full reset to a never used state , i was not sure when to use my media creation tool on my pc so i went into the pc recovery options , i discovered that i could do a full clean install without using the tool , might be worth trying.

When you make the media tool on another pc , during the process look out for " prepare to use on another pc " .

When you say updates crash do you mean windows updates , if so use the link below.

Microsoft Update Catalog

First try and download the updates as you would normally do and just in case they crash write down the kb number.
If it crashes use the link i have provided and type the number into the top right search box including the letters kb , example kb12345 , you will then get a list of all the different versions of that item and all you have to do is choose the correct one for your operating system

TRENDING THREADS