Windows is completely broken for me. Please help.

Jul 21, 2018
Hello I'm having possibly one of the wierdest issues with a pc. I woke up this morning with a BSOD loop with a service system exception or something. I performed multiple resets and many other solutions which didn't work. I did a system recovery and it said something about a location not being found, where I then tried to add a desktop folder which I couldn't do because it said empty instead of folder for some reason. Eventually, a couple of my files came back but with a weird black screen. Half of my stuff is gone and the some windows features don't even work like the start button. I have no idea what happened. My pc is clean with no viruses or malware and has never acted like this until today. If anyone can help please do. I heard something like this happening with avast and such, and my hardware isn't bad, the only thing I can see being bad is the hard drive but it isn't very old and like I said before worked fine just the other night. Does anyone know an answer to this? If so, please tell me ASAP.

Solution
can you access your files? I would copy any you want to save onto a USB if you can.

when you say "multiple resets", what do you mean? Do you mean you restarted PC a few times or you run the reset process that reinstall win 10 as new?

I would do a fresh install if you have done the 2nd bit a few times. Something is wrong with the install created by the reset.

On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB (If you don't have one already)

change boot order in BIOS so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
follow this guide: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html

when you reach the screen asking for licence, click "I don't have a key"...

Colif

Win 11 Master
can you access your files? I would copy any you want to save onto a USB if you can.

when you say "multiple resets", what do you mean? Do you mean you restarted PC a few times or you run the reset process that reinstall win 10 as new?

I would do a fresh install if you have done the 2nd bit a few times. Something is wrong with the install created by the reset.

On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB (If you don't have one already)

change boot order in BIOS so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
follow this guide: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html

when you reach the screen asking for licence, click "I don't have a key" and win 10 will continue to install and reactivate once finished

Solution