Question Windows is not detecting my sound card on regular start up

Drevos

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2012
Hi,

I recently purchased a Sound Blaster Z with a digital output to boost my Logitech z906 5.1 Surround System. Thing is, the card has given me all sorts of troubles, from no sound to no detection from Windows 10 upon startup. When it's not detected, disconnecting the power cord and waiting for 5 minutes seems to work just fine. But I don't want to do that every time I boot up my system. The drivers are up to date.

My MoBo is an X470 Aorus Gaming 5 WiFi. I can't really change PCI-e slots since the only other one I got is covered by my GPU. The Realtek Digital Output works without issue, but I don't want to give up on the card just yet. Does anyone know what the problem might be? A general research online didn't help.

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

I recently purchased a Sound Blaster Z with a digital output to boost my Logitech z906 5.1 Surround System. Thing is, the card has given me all sorts of troubles, from no sound to no detection from Windows 10 upon startup. When it's not detected, disconnecting the power cord and waiting for 5 minutes seems to work just fine. But I don't want to do that every time I boot up my system. The drivers are up to date.

My MoBo is an X470 Aorus Gaming 5 WiFi. I can't really change PCI-e slots since the only other one I got is covered by my GPU. The Realtek Digital Output works without issue, but I don't want to give up on the card just yet. Does anyone know what the problem might be? A general research online didn't help.

Thanks in advance!
Did you deactivate Realtek sound chip in BIOS ?