[SOLVED] Windows is slow after upgrade to win 10

Yamaokka

Prominent
Jan 12, 2020
Yesterday i upgraded to win 10 using the installator from website , and i choose the option to keep all my data. Disk usage on startup is at 100% and system runs slow , i turned off windows defender and firewall , reinstalled all drivers and tried basically every fix i could find on internet yet the problem still remains. I think that the old files from win 7 might be interuptting something at startup but idk .It definetly isnt hardware related and my hdd has zero errors. I ran into some dudes that had the same problem and they upgraded the same way i did.

Solution
Full specs of the system?
Do you have OS installed on SSD?

If you have only mechanical HDD, then this is going to cause problems you described.
There are several windows services that cause high disk utilization - updates, defender, defragmenter, search indexer.
Only way to combat this effectively is upgrade to SSD.

If you have only mechanical HDD, then this is going to cause problems you described.
There are several windows services that cause high disk utilization - updates, defender, defragmenter, search indexer.

Solution

Yamaokka

Prominent
Jan 12, 2020
:geek:

Fx 8350
R7 360
10gb ram
500hd sata
I already disabled all of those that you mentioned and the problem still remains , task manager isnt showing anything that related. I have my other computer with 10 installed on hdd and it boots normally , so it isnt hdd related problem

Jan 16, 2020
:geek:

Fx 8350
R7 360
10gb ram
500hd sata
I already disabled all of those that you mentioned and the problem still remains , task manager isnt showing anything that related. I have my other computer with 10 installed on hdd and it boots normally , so it isnt hdd related problem
just do clean install what website or tools did u use to install the WINDOW 10 ??

task manager isnt showing anything that related.
Can you show screenshot from Resource Monitor -
disk tab, disk activity section, ordered by column total, file column expanded ?​
(upload to imgur.com and post link)

It would look similar to this:
Note - file column should be expanded and ordering done by column total. This is important. Example image doesn't have that.

b413b450-3170-42e6-8b05-f785d6ae2177

Last edited:

Yamaokka

Prominent
Jan 12, 2020
Can you show screenshot from Resource Monitor -
disk tab, disk activity section, ordered by column total, file column expanded ?​
(upload to imgur.com and post link)

It would look similar to this:
Note - file column should be expanded and ordering done by column total. This is important. Example image doesn't have that.

13646d1486564147t-resource-monitor-disk_tab.jpg
I will post it later when i will have time to restart my pc