Windows is SLOW

dragonfire665

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
Ok, i just need some help and i dont know if is just my dumb self not looking well. But here is the thing, when my computer starts up and it gets to the BLUE WELCOME SCREEN in XP PRO it will stay there for a good nearly min. Now i was thinkin that with the CPU and overall my system it would have being so much faster. I have done multiple Malware, spyware and adware revome with tons of programs, including 3 that i bough a few free ones.

Here is my system settle:

MOBO: EVGA 7801 Sli
CPU: Intel Q6700 2.66Ghz
CPU FAN: Thermaltake Golden Orb 2
GPU: EVGA 260GTX
HDD: 2 WD Caviar (1 500GB + 1 640GB) SATA
RAM: OCZ 2GB PC6400 800Mhz Sli Ready Memory
PSU: Ultra X-Pro 750Watts Sli Ready
Case: NZXT Lexablackline Red

Now, nothing is OC and i dont think im plannin on doin so anytime soon since i dont kno how to do that and im afraid of damaging my parts and ruin my warraties.

Now, here is the things i have loading when windows starts so all kno

CA Internet Security Suite 2008: which includes, Personal Firewall, Anti-Spyware, Antivirus, Anti-Spam, Web Inspector
AIM
Speedfan
Logitech cordless management

and thats it, and i have use a program that checks all i have running and the background which it shows me lots of things, but i dont kno how to stop them or what really they are.

So, my thing is how to make my computer starts alot faster, atleast when it goes to Windows Desktop, most of everything is already loaded, it will just take about another 15seconds to finish all.

Can someone help me? If you guys need more info please let me kno

gomerpile

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2005
My suggestion make sure the network is not sending a handshake to any IP. Download wireshark and trace of your line, I've experienced computers trying to handshake automatic updates, sometimes the request takes 30 sec or so. Logitech Mouse has and auto update upon startup so start that application and disable it. Do your trace first.
If no tcp request have been sent, udp request, http then its something else.
Disable internet security all features and make sure the options of disable on startup is checked. Clear out your prefech(it is safe to select all delete-C:\WINDOWS\Prefetch). folder. Shut down.
Report back.