Windows Isn't recognizing my keyboard and mouse

interwebs_jedi

Commendable
Sep 7, 2016
When I boot up my computer my keyboard and mouse light up like they normally do but as soon as windows starts up my keyboard and mouse turn off and I can't sign in or do anything with them. They turn on when I boot up and I can access the bios but once I'm in to Windows they don't work. I've tried reinstalling Windows but even then it won't power my keyboard or mouse so I can't install it. I've tried using all the different USB ports and because everything works fine in the bios I'm assuming that this is a problem with Windows.

nan0s7

Commendable
Sep 7, 2016
Have you tried using other devices? (Different keyboard and mouse) Also do you have another computer or laptop? Because the drivers that were on your computer before upgrading/updating Windows may not be compatible anymore, OR the USB drivers for your motherboard are the wrong ones. If you're able to get another computer and download the correct drivers for your motherboard and devices then you should do that, then just put them on a USB and install them (hopefully by using another keyboard and mouse to install the new drivers for your devices). If all else fails you're going to have to change the drivers/software your BIOS is currently running completely.