Windows keeps auto muting the sound

Mitsarugi

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2012
So I turn on my PC today and I noticed a starnge bar in the top left corner. I had never seen it before and was not there last night when I turned my PC off. I then notice I ahve no sound and the sound icon on the bottem right hand side onf my PC says it is muted. I go and bring up the sound menu and sure enough everything is muted, I try to unmute it and Windows wont let me, I turn the sound up and it automatilly brings it down. I ahve checked for viruies and maware, nothing. I am stumped and very annoyed. Help

Solution
Hi,

Do try to uninstall/reinstall the sound card driver.
- Go to Device manager and right click on the sound card driver then click Uninstall.
- Reboot the PC and it should reinstall the driver automatically.
- If it doesn't you can just download and install the driver from the manufacturers website.
- If all these doesn't work do run a System Restore to bring it back to an earlier date or time when everything was working just fine.
Hi,

Do try to uninstall/reinstall the sound card driver.
- Go to Device manager and right click on the sound card driver then click Uninstall.
- Reboot the PC and it should reinstall the driver automatically.
- If it doesn't you can just download and install the driver from the manufacturers website.
- If all these doesn't work do run a System Restore to bring it back to an earlier date or time when everything was working just fine.

Solution