[SOLVED] Windows keeps crashing, shows blue screen, after reboot goes to bios and c-drive is gone from boot menu

Jul 6, 2021
Hello,

I have been struggling with this problem ever since I built my PC which was a year ago and I am hoping one of you can help me fix it!

The problem, randomly my computer/Windows 10 decides to crash. It takes some time though and I know when it’s about to crash because it doesn’t freeze but every applications I’m running stop responding. For example, if I am listening to Spotify, the audio does not play, however, the song progress bar moves normally. After about 20 seconds of everything not responding, the computer shows the blue error screen and automatically reboots.

After rebooting, I get the bios screen and I see that my C-Drive and SSD is not in the boot list anymore. To fix this issue, I have to switch off my power supply and switch it back on again. The crash can occur every day and can even happen multiple times a day.

My pc runs fine, it is just the crashing that is the issue.

I have tried:
Reinstalling windows
Changed motherboards
Changed slot on motherboards
Updated bios
Replugged all other wires on mobo
Ran Driver Booster Pro & SSD health checkers(a lot of drivers were outdated but didn’t fix the issue)

My specs:
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
Gigabyte Radeon RX 5700 XT
Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master
16 gb 3600 MHz ddr4 ram

Solution
Ran Driver Booster Pro
you shouldn't use 3rd party driver updaters. Driver Booster always seems to find way more outstanding drivers on a PC than I ever do. It can get it wrong, I know as I used it twice before and both times it installed the wrong drivers, one time leaving me with no sound.

What ssd do you have?
Jul 6, 2021
you shouldn't use 3rd party driver updaters. Driver Booster always seems to find way more outstanding drivers on a PC than I ever do. It can get it wrong, I know as I used it twice before and both times it installed the wrong drivers, one time leaving me with no sound.

What ssd do you have?

I have the GIGABYTE AORUS NVMe Gen4 M.2 1TB PCI-Express 4.0